Monday, May 10, 2010

I just turned in my final paper one hour before the deadline and feeling well accomplished. As a photographer, upon entering reporting I had no idea how I would survive. However, after submitting the last assignment, I find myself feeling confident that I will pass the class. Throughout the semester there were times when I fell off the wagon and failed to do my best but somehow I pulled through. Thank god!

During my research for the final paper I learned the most about the Castro. It was during this time that I had the deepest most meaningful conversation with my sources. I was exposed to a wide range of emotions: apathy, anger, sadness and honesty. Not that I hadn’t experienced openness from prior sources but it just felt like people really wanted to talk about the gender issues concerning the Castro. Maybe it’s because I cared more. Who knows?

Anyway, after all that I feel like a drink! I hope you all have a great summer, I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Jasmine, you did great! I so enjoyed your last story. You're not just a photographer; you're a journalist. Thanks for all your stories.

    ReplyDelete