Monday, May 10, 2010

My experience in Reporting class has been a chanellge for me this semster, but not in a negative way. This class has helped me in my writing and I've learned about my strengh and weakness. I loved coming to class and talking to my fellow peers.

I thought being assigned a nieghborhood in the city is perfect learing tool for future journalists. I enjoyed my experience in the Fillmore and Japantown.

Before I was assign to Western Addition, I never knew anything about its history. I've heard stories about the Fillmore and they were not good. I remember when I was a kid and my parents won't allow me to go a classmate's birthday party because she lived in the Fillmore. Now, I've learned the Fillmore wasn't a bad area. The Fillmore was the center of jazz music in the 50s and 60s.

I enjoyed spending time in Japantown. When I talked to people in Japantown, I can tell they have sense of pride for being Japanese. They loved their cultural and strive in the heirtage. This is the reason the majority of community doesn't want to see Japantown losing its cultural and history.

I'm glad this class gave me expereicnce to go out and explore a neighborhood that I was unaware of its history. It has made be more open minded about the diversity the city offers. I'm taking all the tools that I've learned in this class and use it to help me become a better a writer. I hope everyone has wonderful summer and I'll see you next semster.

No comments:

Post a Comment