Monday, May 10, 2010

Thanks, Bernal Heights & Yvonne!




Just submitted my Final paper and I'm feeling a bit sad.
I had imagined a great multimedia piece, but I ended up just writing the story out.
The first day I went and got some great footage of knifes being sharpened and fresh produce and pickles being eaten, but it got tapped over and I let the dream die.

It was a great experience being able to meet all the various Bernal Heights locals and have a glimpse in to a neighborhood that's full of people with a sense of community and pride. It was fun to cover meetings where aggressive dogs were the biggest issue. Looking back at all the stories, I had such a fun time and feel like I got a great sense of Bernal Heights. The residence up there know how to enjoy the finer things in life!

I really enjoyed the semester and feel a renewed sense of responsibility toward journalism. Before this class I was getting really tired of the major, but now I feel like I have a reason to stick it out.

Thanks for the great food, great views, funny people, cute dogs, hill workouts and much more!

1 comment:

  1. And thanks to you for some great reading and photos! I so enjoyed having you in my class! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete