Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is UCSF in San Francisco?

As I decide on a meeting to go to for the assignment, I could have gone to something about the beach, which I was fairly interested in (being as I am a Southern California girl) or go to a meeting about the expansion of UCSF. So against all odds, I went to the meeting about building expansions that UCSF plans to do in the next 15 years...sounds so exciting right?

Anyways, as I approach UCSF I truly felt as if I had left San Francisco. There were strange buses that I have never been on (such as the 6) and people with scrubs (whether it be cute scrubs with cartoon characters on it, 0r just a solid color) I was clearly like a fish out of water with my North Face backpack. Having no clue where the building I needed to go to was, I aimlessly walked around with big eyes and just soaked everything in.

I saw a strange art piece that was hidden behind glass that stood about 2 stories high. I am not sure exactly what it was, or what it represented and why it was there because I didn't have time to stop and actually look, but what I did notice was that it illuminated a very large area that without it would not have any light. The light led me straight to the building and room I needed to be in ( I felt a bit like a mosquito in the dark being attracted to the almighty light).

I got into the meeting a little bit early and was warmly greeted. I was very nervous about this assignment because I did not think anyone would be interested in talking to a State student, becuse it was fairly irrelevant to SFSU. To my surprise talking to people was so easy and for me this assignment really helped me break out of my shell a little. I am a photographer, and hide behind my camera, but I actually had to do some hard reporting which actually went a lot smoother then I thought.

1 comment: