Monday, April 26, 2010

Castro Nightlife

This weekend I hit the bars in order to investigate the man to women ratio in the Castro. I asked my boyfriend Carl to come along hoping he would make it easier to break the ice. I’m not so sure if this was a wise decision or fatal mistake. On one hand Carl was able to attract attention from a variety of bar hoppers. On the other hand however, none of them were the least bit interested in talking to me. Carl introduced me to several men who completely ignored the fact that he was straight and that his girlfriend was standing two feet away. I couldn’t believe how aggressive some of the guys were being. Not that I was threatened in any way but come can’t you see he’s not interested? Nevertheless, we had a great time and ended up getting free drinks and making some good connections. Although Carl was a good sport, I don’t think we’ll make it a point to party in the Castro every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment