Monday, April 5, 2010

My friend came to visit me for spring break last week so I felt like killing two birds with one stone and take her to Excelsior so I can finish getting interviews for my profile and at the same times, show her a part of San Francisco she has never even heard of.
We walked up Mission on Saturday which was perfect because it wasn't raining. I showed her around and she couldn't believe how similar the district was compared to back home. We went inside Mama Art Cafe where I saw Cruzita, the owner's mother and I introduced her to my friend, Mel.
Hanging out there didn't even feel like an obligation anymore, and it helped that I actually knew my way around. I could see she enjoyed the area and appreciated going to a certain part of the city that is never really mentioned like Haight Street or North Beach.
It was a really cool experience and I felt a little proud being able to introduce something new to my friend.

1 comment: