Saturday, April 24, 2010

Final Feature

I can't believe it's already time.

I had been following the Omnicircus director, hoping it would turn into something. This man seemed so intelligent, so sure of himself. How could this charisma and education lead me to an end? When I cant fact check... His credible sources all had reasons for never contacting them. "Oh, so and so is running for political office" he'd explain. "But they will respond to emails." Emails so vague, and coming to my inbox weeks after being sent out. I suppose who am I to ask these questions and deserve an answer? If I were more dedicated I could hop on BART to their offices. But I'm too afraid to hear what I already know. Knew. Now know but deep down knew. His falsity.

My crime story fell short of what I had hoped. I wanted some huge connection to the victim, but of course hit a dead end. I suppose I care too much. I can't make something happen when it isn't already there. As much as I want to. Sometimes my perceptions of reality are a bit misguided. Maybe I just don't want to believe people are really bad. I want every aggressor for crimes to have been seriously victimized by our society and have no choice but to turn to crime. I couldn't find much about the aggressor in this story. Neither could the police. I think because Henderson once served jail time, and his ethnicity, police seem to not care. He has no gang ties, but thats where SFPD has looked into. They used the descriptions to apprehend men in Bayview... that makes little sense to me. The SOMA district has such little gang activity anyways. How can I help? Why can't my story advocate raising funds to avenge the death of a soon to be father? Or show why our police aren't trusted by the majority of residents. Because when crimes happen little is resolved. I need to find the names of the other two men. Or just focus on something new...

MORE RESEARCH FOR BETTER STORIES>>>>

1 comment:

  1. I feel like it's super easy for me to get discouraged when a story doesn't turn out the way that I want. Sometimes all there is to do is start from scratch with a new story :/

    ReplyDelete