Sunday, April 4, 2010

North Beach- blog6- stephanie shin

It took a long time to write my profile story. and i didnt' know how to organize it, or whats most important to talk about. I had no much information! ALso, do all profiles and features have to have a set-up lead? cant it be hard?

I had first talked to Beat Museum owner Jerry Cimino back when the first assignment was due and thought I’d like to write a story about him and the museum. I interviewed him extensively for more than 2 or 3 hours for the main interview, and I asked questions several times more and stopped by the museum briefly to patch up the finer details. I probably have been there now five or six times. Cimino also was friendly enough to answer by text some short questions I forgot the answers to. It was fun to get to know someone I wouldn’t have gotten to know so well if I hadn’t been in journalism class. Cimino and I have similar view points, although we are very different, and we clicked and made a great connection, so the interview was laid back and easy going.

The Beat Museum is in a perfect location, I think. It’s right across from City Lights where it all started in San Francisco, and it’s in the center of the red light district, which has history and entertainment and glitz. It’s near all these delicious restaurants too! Convenient!

1 comment:

  1. And how many places do you know that have a bathtub full of books?

    ReplyDelete