Monday, April 5, 2010

Completion of Profile

I really reveled in the time off that we've had for the last week. I was able to meet one more time with Sanford Johnson who owns Sunset Pet Supply to complete my profile story, as well as take time to relax and enjoy the great weather while also picking up more hours at work and growing my beard out. I realize that while my profile may not be the most newsworthy piece, it covers a store and a person that makes a big difference in a lot of people's lives.


I noticed that a new Wells Fargo is being constructed in on Noriega St. around 35th where there used to be a produce market. It might make for an interesting story to find out what happened to the market, but when I asked someone inside they had no idea about anything, and were just working on the building. I want to look into it and find out what happened.


This week I also ended up getting some great Italian food with some friends at this spot called Spiazzo cafe, which was right around Sunset Pet Supply which I profiled for my story. The cuisine was most excellent, as I am always looking for new masters of the fine art of food. Kind of fancy-shmancy for my personal taste, but a great restaurant nonetheless.


I ended up in LA visiting family and friends for Easter weekend, and recorded a five song EP with my old ska band, which I am thoroughly excited about on a personal level. And on Sunday I actually felt the 6.9 quake that hit Tijuana, Mexico. It was somewhat surreal to find out what caused it a mere half-hour after it hit, especially since much of my family's and friends' homes were damaged during the Northridge quake of '94. It makes me wonder; Can feelings of nostalgia hold negative values? Maybe I just can't think of the right word. And I call myself an aspiring writer.

1 comment:

  1. Can feelings of nostalgia hold negative values? Nostalgia: a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
    But I think that the negative can trigger memories of the positive and from that get all entwined together in a nostalgic kind of way.

    ReplyDelete