Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Figuring out crime in the Excelsior District

I had heard that most of the crime committed in the Excelsior District happens during the weekend so I decided to check it out for myself. I found nothing. I walked down Mission Street and even talked to some people on the street, but no one really gave me any feed back. I figured the least I can do is research statistics since I wasn't having much luck talking with people. The Ingleside Police Station was a drag, I'm surprised the captain added me on his email list at fast as he did. I tried going in there and talking to them. I know I'm not the most intimidating person on earth and my shyness gets the best of me at times, so I tried calling as well, that why they wouldn't go based on my appearance. That also didn't work.

Thank god the crime stories were due on Wednesday because I got the best insight from residents and merchants on Monday and Tuesday. There were more people on the street, willing to talk to me. What I noticed is that I tried looking up and asking for certain crime reports and the police station and they were not able to find any information. Now I don't know if because they were lazy or because there really wasn't much there.

Even though I didn't receive any help from the cops, I got plenty of information from business owners, residents, and workers in the Excelsior District.

No comments:

Post a Comment