Monday, April 12, 2010

Crime In the Excelsior District.

I was finally able to get on the Ingleside Police Station email list and started doing my crime map. At first, I thought I was going to have trouble located the crime sports that only fell in the Excelsior District. Luckily their reports are really easy to read and doing my crime map wasn't much of a hassle.

What I noticed about the crime reports for my district is that most of the crimes reported are assault. They also range from just minor assaults to assaults with weapons. As I kept reading, I started to get a little scared because some of the streets where there were crimes committed, I had just been in a couple days ago. I kind of didn't like reading the reports because now I feel I have to be extra careful when I'm walking in the Excelsior. It is good to know what kind of crime often happens in the district and what kind of people are targeted. I had both crime reports with little information and reports with detailed information. I can say it was fairly even and the detailed crime reports did help me get a sense of what kind of crime happens in the Excelsior District.

As for my crime story, I'm debating between stories. I want to pick a story that has enough information or at least a story I can access information. We'll see how it goes...

1 comment: