Monday, March 15, 2010

Dumb Meeting, Burger, and Sunset Doctor

This week I attended another meeting in order to make contacts and get quotes at the police station in my neighborhood. It was the Sunset District Neighborhood Coalition meeting, which was supposed to address the issues that community members were concerned about, all of which were so boring and uninteresting that I ended up leaving early.

The weather in San Francisco has been really amazing this past week so I decided I should get out in my hood and enjoy some of the sights. I ended up finding a great burger joint called Johnny's Hamburgers, which I think is one of the only ones of its kind in the Sunset district. Seriously, I'm pretty sure there is one hamburger joint for the entire Sunset, the largest district in San Francisco. :O

I also attended another holistic health care lecture, care of Dr. Meir Schneider, PhD. I like thinking of his holistic and unorthodox methods as somewhat of a symbol of the Sunset district; He and his cures lie on the outskirts of the medical community, but are still respected by many, much like my quaint neighborhood. He has agreed to let me interview him for my profile story, which I am excited about, but I don't feel wholly committed to quite yet, because I feel that this early in the game I could meet someone else who blows the pants off of this guy, metaphorically speaking of course. I just have to keep my eyes and ears open.

Last week I was feeling really ill and unable to post, so I decided this week I would share some of my photos from the March 4 rally. I ended up downtown at the civic center covering the protests out in front of city hall.

I had never quite experienced anything of that magnitude before, as the only demonstrations I had really attended or participated in before were usually held on the campus of the schools I've attended. There was a massive sea of people, all there to collectively attempt to change the system for the better, in a completely non-violent and somewhat tranquil way.


3 comments:

  1. I noticed from your last picture that even Ronald Reagan is against the budget cuts; and he'd dropkick a puppy to save a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Ahr-nold, no?

    Seabreeze on Judah has great burgers ... and great fish! Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally Ahhhnold. Although the same logic may still apply, Mike. I will definitely check out Seabreeze this week, thanks Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete