Monday, March 22, 2010

Profile Crisis

I was really looking forward on doing my profile on the Italian American Social Club in Excelsior but after interviewing them last Tuesday, I felt like panicking. When I got there, some of the members approached me like if I had intruding. Their hostile approach made sense when I found out the social club was Italian men only. Why would a non-Italian female being doing there? Though they argued to be interviewed, their answers were very short and I had little to work with.

After I left, I decided to go in a coffee shop across the street called MamaCafe. As I started making conversation with lady working there, I noticed a different vibe from the coffee shop compared to other ones. I noticed the agenda they had outside and how they hosted live music and events for the community. The lady told me her son was the owner and he is the one in charge of organizing all the events.

So I contacted him, but unfortunately he was out of state. I emailed him some questions so I could do my profile on that place, but it's Monday and still no reply.

I's still interested in doing the profile on that cafe. I feel like it is a good representation of a new business that is trying to help the community grow. I'm thinking of interviewing the mother, since the cafe is called Mama. This is my last hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment