Sunday, March 7, 2010

Photo Shoot

Of all things that could have brought me luck this week on the beat, who would have thought it would be my hair!
So as you all know I cut my hair last week and yes it was a conscious decision, but I never imagined that I’d feel so good and confident about it, and this week I think that strangers on my beat picked up on that confidence. I began to get stares as well as complements but one woman really made me feel good. Thursday I was just walking in downtown waiting for something interesting to happen and this random person (I thought) starts saying how much she like the cut on me and I stopped and just indulged her for a while.
Turns out she is a stylist at a salon on 15th called Moods and Attitudes. I come from a hair background me and my mom own a salon in Berkley and my mom made sure that I would know the hair “bizzz”. So after talking with her a while, she invited me to a photo shoot. Today (Sunday) I went and I must say it was so fun. This photo shoot was just incredible, if you are a hair person it was a tank of inspiration. In got the chance to do some networking, and the photographer just added me as a friend on my facebook (I don’t quite know why I’m so psyched about that but I am). I have pictures because no description can do what I had seen justice (got to figure out how to upload them). But the day was so full of energy and the photo shoot really made my week.
And it’s all because of my new hair, I don’t think that the woman (I don’t know if she wants me to say her name) would have approached me if I wasn’t in such a good mood and didn’t cut my hair and I’m so glad I did just because I met such wonderful people today.
Everyone look out for Black Passion Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want to see those photos! It's easy to upload them. Put them on your desktop or iPhoto and just upload them!

    ReplyDelete