Monday, March 8, 2010

Meeting Story - North Beacn

I honestly didn’t feel like a could write a good meeting story without writing a long one. One page double spaced isn’t all that much, but then again, if one makes every word count, stories don’t need to be all that long, right?

I wanted to load my story with facts and data, but that would have made the paper much longer. Sometimes I feel like I’m writing for idiots, but that is a very negative way of looking at things. And I guess that’s not completely true either because it’s a pretty big challenge trying to write really well.

This meeting story could have gotten a lot more complicating, but it was pretty self explanatory. It was also so broad and general, we didn’t get to the details. But having an idea of the broad details was enough to understand what was going on. I didn’t even have to ask too many questions as there were enough people and synergy to them to conjure up their own. It also helped that my meeting topic is actually an interesting one. It’s about developing the Embarcadero.

I ended up using up a lot of paper for the meeting drafts, and it still isn't the best paper, i know it! I have to work on style, so that my writing doesn't sound so redundant and generic.

2 comments:

  1. But someone is looking forward to reading it: ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your subject was so complicated, with lots of back story going on.

    ReplyDelete