Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Meeting in the morning then a night out on the town.

On Saturday March 6th I attended my meeting a the Woman's Building in the Mission District. The meeting was about MUNI and was civilian-run. I am covering the Richmond district and I attended this meeting because the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) many want to put on Geary was discussed. The meeting began at 8 a.m. (!!!) and I'm not sure if it would be considered a conflict of interest, but those who were hosting the meeting supplied coffee and breakfast for everyone and I helped myself to three cups of coffee.
Maria Sousa is chair of transportation for the Planning Association for the Richmond and at the end of the meeting I tried to get an interview with her. She seemed rushed and annoyed by me so I only spoke to her briefly. While waiting for the bus home, however, who do I see? Maria Sousa walking up to same bus stop. I smiled and waved and she seemed a little embarrassed but walked over to me. We had seven minutes until the next bus arrived, so lets just say I was able to get a better interview from her this time.
I was able to have a little fun out in the Richmond this past week. I picked up the Richmond Review, the districts local paper, and one of the advertisements in it was for $3 martinis at the Cliff House. I have never been to the Cliff House but I've always been interested in going because of it looks beautiful from the outside and it is right on the coast. I grabbed my boyfriend and one of our friends and we went and had ourselves a martini, then a $9 sugary mixed drink to wash it down with (That's how they get you!). The restaurant was nice and quiet and had AMAZING views! It is not as touristy as I thought it would be and I will definitely be coming back.

1 comment: