Monday, March 15, 2010

UGH!

I am very frustrated with the people in my neighborhood right now, because no one interesting is willing to be my subject for the next assignment. So I called some of my past sources that I thought would be good for this, to see if I could get anyone to interview, and I got a lot of people saying "I'm busy" or "I’m not comfortable with that" and all I could say was "Okay maybe next time" and I hate losing like this. So then on Thursday I went back to downtown to see if I could find any new interesting people, who love to talk and I didn't find much but yuppies being yuppies running to work (I went out way to early which was my mistake). So I tried Sacred Tattoo because there's this woman who works there who I promised before even taking this class that I'd let her do my surface piercings, thankfully she remembered me but she's not sure if she wants to do it. And that kills me because I know she'll be perfect. So I’m going to keep working on her hopefully things work out if not? I do have a backup plan but this guy will not make it easy for me and may make one boring ass paper.
I was so psyched for this assignment because its fun, I would get a chance to write something that could be moving or touching, maybe a little funny but now I'm becoming discouraged in my abilities to write an interesting story because I might have to face the fact that I may not have a truly interesting subject.

1 comment:

  1. Hope my idea worked -- to write about the Fox Theater and the Paramount, the new restaurants, a compare and contrast by finding someone who lives through the changes ...

    ReplyDelete