Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring has Sprung in the Castro

On a quest to find the most interesting person for my personality profile, I decided to stray of the beaten track of my regular route and to see whom I might find. This decision proved to be a good one. Not because I found potential interview but because I was introduced to side of the Castro I have not yet experienced.

Exploring the areas off of Castro and Market Street I was able to grasp a better sense of the residents, as I was not distracted by the many businesses and tourists attractions the heart of the Castro has to offer. I enjoyed watching people as they relished in the pleasures of spring.

I did a lot of people watching that day and observed friends sitting outside of local coffee shops chatting over ice tea as couples rushed by with cheese platters and bouquets of flowers on their way, I assume to a festive BBQ or birthday party. Sunny weather appeared to inspire yard sales where locals sold every thing from self-help books to relics of the 1950s.

Although I failed to find a candidate for my next article, I discovered the charm of spring in the Castro.

1 comment:

  1. I walked there today, down Castro from Noe, then over to Dolores and back to 24th Street. You captured it. People were smiling. Hope you found a subject.

    ReplyDelete