Monday, March 1, 2010

Public Safety meeting in City Hall

In the morning, I attened a Public Safety meeting at City Hall. The meeting was about a law called "no sit and/no lie". The law had to deal with reducing crime from the homeless who panhandle and start trouble with people passing through on the sidewalk.

Once I arrived at the Chamber room, there was already people outside the door. I was talking to a woman, Erniestine Weiss who is for "no sit and/no lie" law. She said San Francisco should be a city where everyone can enjoy to live in. She said it was disgusting to see people sitting and litering on the sidewalk.

The Chameber was crowed with people from the Police Dept, the District Attroney's offfice, Human Services Agency. Also, people from the nieghborhood to speak in the front of the supervisors

I thought the topic was instresting because I didn't realize this was a serious issue. When I walk on the sidewalks, I don't pay attention to the homless people who sit, or ask for money. I understand the law will help the reduce the crimes on the street, but the homeless have no place to stay at night. The homeless shelters can only take a certain amount of people and the rest have no choice but to live on the streets.

1 comment: